Maxforce FC Select Roach Bait Gel kills roaches by ingestion and contact, and spreads from roach to roach through the Domino Effect of Fipronil. Maxforce FC Select will kill even the most bait adverse and finicky roaches. With the broadest label available, the best bait acceptance, and virtual population elimination, it is no wonder Maxforce Roach Killer Gels are some of the most popular roach baits among professionals. Each box comes with 4 x 30 gram tubes.
|Active Ingredient:||Fipronil .01%|
|For use in:||Indoors & Outdoors|
|Application:||Keep tightly capped and use within 2 years
Do Not Spray or Use Heavy Detergents or Cleaners near Bait (Do Not Use in Very Dusty Areas
Gel will dry out and get a dry skin on top but roaches will still eat it up to a year
However, if contaminated or gone, reapply
|Pet safe:||Yes, if used as directed on Label|
|Yield:||Good IPM program does rotate baits (bait with different active ingredient) as roaches may not be attracted to the bait matrix of what is being used anymore|
|Shipping Weight:||0.47 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Bayer (Mfg. Number: 79434820)|
How Maxforce FC Select Roach Bait Gel Works
Maxforce FC Select combines a unique, highly attractive bait matrix with the power of Fipronil. The active ingredient Fipronil is in the Phenylpyrazole family of insecticides and is used in many products when a delayed kill is desired, such as ant and roach baits. Fipronil disrupts the insect central nervous system, causing hyperexcitation of nerves and muscles.
Maxforce's exclusive Domino Effect delayed killing action enables one contaminated roach to kill many others where they live and breed. A foraging roach will receive a lethal dose from a single feeding, but lives long enough to return to the harborage where its poisoned feces are consumed by other roaches. Maxforce FC Select has better bait acceptance compared with many other baits, among normal and bait averse roaches, and it even works where other food sources may be available. Either way, the Domino Effect works through ingestion and through contact in hard-to-reach and inaccessible areas.
Most common cockroaches, bait averse German Roaches
PESTS CONTROLLED: Cockroaches including American Roaches, Oriental Roaches, Brown Roaches, Smoky Brown Roaches, German Roaches
Target Uses of Maxforce FC Select Roach Bait Gel
Maxforce FC Select can be used for virtually any roach infestation, even in sensitive areas. Because of its newer bait matrix, Maxforce FC Select is a good choice for bait averse roaches or as one bait among many in a long-term bait rotation, such as in apartments, restaurants, or similar areas highly susceptible to reinfestations.
ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Fipronil 0.01%
Use Maxforce FC Select Roach Bait Gel as a spot or crack and crevice treatment indoors and/or as a crack and crevice treatment outdoors adjacent to structures. Application rate is dependent on level of infestation and species to be controlled; see application rate table.
Apply bait as a spot or as a bead in cracks and crevices. The lower application rate should be used for low to moderate infestations or re-treatments, and the higher rate for more severe infestations or where the population occurs in inaccessible areas. Gel placements should be at or near harborages or aggregation areas, such as corners, or cracks and crevices. Numerous smaller placements will provide faster control than fewer larger spots, especially for German cockroach control.
Place bait under baseboards, sinks, countertops, seats, around water pipes, water heaters, dishwasher equipment, in cracks and crevices as well as voids where insects harbor.
Pest population reduction will be apparent within 2 or 3 days for German roaches and 8 days for American roaches.
Prior to using, gel may need to be shaken well if any separation has occurred. Unscrew the black cap (or break off the tip) and replace with included open tip. After use, replace the black cap before storage.
Each box of 4 x 30 g tubes will yield approximately 120 bait placements.
Standard Application Rates:
- 1-2 spots (dime sized) or 1.5” – 3” bead: Moderate infestations or re-treats for German or Brown-banded roaches
- 2-4 spots (quarter-sized) or 3” - 6” bead: Severe or heavy infestations
- 1/3” to ½” spots: Large roaches such as American, Smokey-brown or Oriental
For use in the following areas:
Indoors and outdoors (adjacent to structures) in residential areas and the non-food/non-feed areas of institutional, warehousing and commercial establishments, including warehouses, restaurants, food processing plants, supermarkets, hospitals, nursing homes, motels, hotels, apartment buildings, bakeries, beverage plants, breweries, bottling facilities, candy plants, canneries, cereal processing and manufacturing plants, dairies and dairy product processing plants, frozen food plants, schools, laboratories, computer facilities, sewers, aircraft, buses, boats/ships, trains, homes, houses, industrial buildings, office buildings, kennels, kitchens, manufacturing facilities, spice plants, stores, wineries, mausoleums, meat processing and packaging plants, meat and vegetable canneries, pet shops and zoos. Non-food/non-feed areas include bedrooms, living rooms, bathrooms, closets, media rooms, garbage rooms, lavatories, entries, vestibules, offices, locker rooms, machine rooms, boiler rooms, garages, mop closets and storage (after canning or bottling); food/feed areas of food/feed handling establishments
Below is a general placement guide for Maxforce FC Select Roach Bait Gel. Exact placements should be based on a complete monitoring and inspection.
- Drawers: Alongside the interior of the door frame
- Cupboards: Underneath selected cupboards where frame meets wall
- Counter: Underneath counter where sink is located
- Fume Hood: Along the inside rear corner of hood (ensure no gel will drip onto stove top)
- Sink: Upward angle into the overflow drain
- Condensation Surfaces: Places where condensation can build up such as the tops of doorframes and medicine cabinets, and alongside decorations
- Interior piping: Around all exposed interior pipe channels (such as hot water heater inlet)
Food Handling Establishments:
Treatment is limited to crack and crevice treatment only. Place applicator tip 1/2 inch into cracks, crevices, holes and other small openings where roaches may be a problem. Apply small amounts of gel per spot. Do not apply bait to areas where food/feed, utensils or processing surfaces may become contaminated. Do not apply bait to areas that are routinely washed such as cracks and crevices in tops of tables, food/feed preparation and prepared food holding surfaces as bait may be removed by washing. Apply bait in small amounts between different elements of construction, between equipment and floors, openings leading into voids and hollow spaces in floors, walls, ceilings, equipment legs and bases, around plumbing pipes, doors and windows, behind and under refrigerators, cabinets, sinks, closets, stoves and other equipment where cockroaches hide. Inspect bait placements and reapply as necessary.
Place bait in areas adjacent to structures where roaches may nest or breed. Apply bait to potential points of insect entry, such as eaves, sills, and expansion joints. Apply bait in protected areas whenever possible. Environmental stresses such as direct sunlight and water will reduce the residual effectiveness. Priority treatment areas may be identified by visual inspection of such areas listed above or aided by trapping techniques or spot flushing.
Bait can also be applied in refillable bait stations every 20 to 30 feet around the perimeter of the structure. Use approx. 2 stations per side of a typical single family home. Do not exceed 2-4 spots (3”-6” bead) per station. Do not exceed up to 1 tsp. per station. For best results, place stations near: air conditioning units, water faucets, foundation vents and weep holes, decks, utility entryways (e.g. electrical, cable TV) and wherever cockroaches are frequently found. Regularly inspect and replace bait as needed.
Maxforce FC Select Roach Bait Gel Features
- Best overall bait acceptance (kills finicky and normal roaches).
- Works even where sanitation is poor and other food is available.
- Fast control of even large roaches.
- New bait gel retains moisture content.
- Labeled for both indoor and outdoor use, including commercial kitchens.
- Sticks to vertical surfaces for flexible, easy application.
- Stable over a wide temperature rage.
- Use within 2 years of purchase. Use a tube within 1 year of opening.
- Apply bait away from air currents to prevent drying. Avoid placement on paper, cardboard, or other porous surfaces such as unsealed concrete.
- Do not use sprays, heavy detergents or cleaners near baits as this can make baits less attractive.
- Do not apply bait to areas where the temperature exceeds 130 degrees F as bait may run.
- May stain textiles and clothing.
- Sanitation should always be the top priority when treating for roaches!
- Good programs rotate baits to avoid resistance. Change baits every few months or alternate with different bait (and different active ingredients) for best results.