Cyper TC is a cypermethrin-based product that is used for pre and post treatment for subterranean termites. Cyper TC provides control of subterranean termites (including eastern subterranean, western subterranean, desert termite, and Formosan subterranean termite) and when applied to wood may be used for spot treatment of drywood termites. Cyper TC is labeled for a wide variety of other wood destroying insects and as a barrier treatment for other crawling and flying insects.
Cyper TC cannot be used for a termite treatment if there is a well or cistern on the property.
|Active Ingredient:||Cypermethrin - 25.3%|
|Target pests:||Subterranean Termites, Carpenter Ants, Carpenter Bees, Bark Beetles, Ants, Fire Ants, Centipedes, Chiggers, Chinch Bugs, Cockroaches, Crickets, Mole Crickets, Earwigs, Flies, Fleas, Ground Beetles, Mosquitoes, Millipedes, Scorpions, Silverfish, Spiders, Ticks, Wasps and others
* See label for complete list
|For use in:||Residential & Commercial Outdoors: Pre & Post-Construction Treatments, Indoor Restricted Use
* See label for complete list
|Application:||1.3 - 5.1 oz. per gallon of water
* See label for complete application instructions
|NOT FOR SALE TO:||AK, CT, MA, MN, NY, RI, SC, VT|
|Shipping Weight:||8.21 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Control Solutions|
How Cyper TC Works
Cyper TC is a liquid insecticide concentrate containing the active ingredient Cypermethrin. Cypermethrin is a synthetic pyrethroid, a man-made active ingredient made to mimic the chemical properties of naturally occurring pyrethrins. Insects that come in contact with the direct spray or dried residual of Cyper TC suffer from hyperexcitation of the central nervous system, causing paralysis and eventual death.
For subterranean termite treatments, Cyper TC is a repellent termiticide, meaning it only kills the insects that come in direct contact with the spray or residual, causing termites to avoid the treatment areas. Cyper TC does not have the “transfer effect” that non-repellent termiticides such as Termidor SC have.
Subterranean termites, drywood termites, wood-infesting beetles, bark beetles, fleas and ticks, perimeter pests
INSECTS CONTROLLED: Subterranean termites (including easter subterranean, western subterranean, desert termite, and Formosan subterranean termite), drywood termites (Incisitermes spp.); powderpost beetles, false powderpost beetles, deathwatch beetles, old house borers, ambrosia beetles; carpenter bees, carpenter ants; ants, bees, centipedes, chiggers, cockroaches, Asian cockroaches, crickets, earwigs, firebrats, flies, ground beetles, mosquitoes, millipedes, pill bugs, scorpions, silverfish, sowbugs, spiders, wasps, chinch bugs, mole crickets, fire ants, bark beetles, borers, boxelder bugs, elm leaf beetles, gypsy moths (adults and caterpillars), fleas, ticks
Cyper TC is a Cypermethrin based product that acts as an insecticidal barrier to control and prevent subterranean termite infestations in and around structures. For effective control, the insecticide emulsion must be adequately dispersed in the soil to establish a barrier between the structure and the termites in the soil. Cyper TC will give you 5-7 years of termite protection. Cyper TC used for pre-construction under slabs, (horizontally) treats up to 1,000 square feet. When used for post construction, along footings, slabs, around existing buildings, (vertically) treats up to 250 linear feet.
Cyper TC also can be used for many other treatments, including spot treatment of wood infesting insects such as powderpost beetles and carpenter bees; lawn treatments for chinch bugs, mole crickets, fleas, and ticks; perimeter applications for arthropods such as cockroaches and spiders; and ant and fire ant mound drenching. See product label for complete application instructions.
* Cyper TC is not appropriate for indoor, broad-spectrum crack and crevice or broadcast treatments.
ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Cypermethrin 25.4%
Termite treatments should be performed so as to create a continuous barrier. For post-construction termite treatment, use 4 gallons of finished solution per 10 lineal feet in a 6 in. x 6 in. trench directly around the foundation of the structure. In areas that contain concrete, the same amount of solution should be applied in holes drilled 10”-12” apart and at least 12” deep using a hammer drill with a ½” x 18” drill bit.
Cyper TC solution may be converted to a foam and the foam used to treat voids to control or prevent termite, ant, bee, wasp infestations or other arthropods harboring under slabs.
Applications may be made to create a chemical barrier in the soil around wooden construction such as signs and landscape ornamentation by applying a 0.25%-0.5% emulsion. Use 1 gallon of emulsion per foot of depth for poles and posts less than six inches in diameter. For larger poles, use 1.5 gallons of emulsion per foot of depth.
- 1 gallon container yields up to 96 gallons of finished solution.
Standard Application Dilution Rates / Mixing Ratios:
- 0.51 fl. oz. (15 mL)/ gal. of water – 0.1% - most general pest control
- 1.3 fl. oz. (38 mL)/ gal. of water – 0.25% - most termite applications; wood infesting insects
- 2.6 fl. oz. (77 mL)/ gal. of water – 0.50% - half volume termite/foam applications
- 5.1 fl. oz. (151 mL)/ gal. of water – 1.0% - some low volume termite applications
- 0.33 to 0.65 fl. oz./ 1,000 sq. ft. – in water sufficient for uniform coverage such as 3-20 gallons – chinch bugs, mole crickets
- 1.25-2.5 fl. oz. in 16-100 gal. of water to 4,000 sq. ft. of lawn – fleas and ticks
- Use a 0.25% to 1.0% emulsion converted to a foam with expansion characteristics from 2 – 20 times for foam applications.
- 1 gallon of 0.25% solution per 10 sq. ft. – horizontal treatments, such as for subslab injection and soil rodding
For use in the Following Areas:
Pre- and post-construction subterranean termite treatments around residential, commercial, and institutional structures; outside surfaces of buildings including, but not limited to, exterior siding, foundations, porches, window frames, eaves, patios, garages, refuse dumps, lawns or grass areas adjacent or around private homes, duplexes, townhouses, condominiums, house trailers, apartment complexes, carports, garages, fence lines, storage sheds, barns, and other residential structures, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings, soil, trunks of woody ornamentals and other areas where pests congregate or have been seen
DO NOT use as a general crack and crevice, spot, or broadcast treatment indoors. Cyper TC is primarily for outdoor use except for limited applications indoors. See product label for complete application instructions.
Treatment of wood in place for termites, carpenter ant, carpenter bees, and wood infesting beetles: In addition to subsurface applications, this product may be used for treating infested wood in place. It can be applied to wood by crack and crevice tool, coarse fan spray or injection. Overall broadcast spray applications must be limited to attics, crawl spaces, unfinished basements and similar generally unoccupied areas. In occupied indoor areas, treat wood trim and exposed beams by brush or coarse spray directed only onto the wood to be treated. Use this spray at a rate of 1 gallon of diluted spray per 1,000 square feet of surface area. In addition to subsurface applications, this product may be used for treating infested wood in place. It can be applied to wood by crack and crevice tool, coarse fan spray orinjection. Overall broadcast spray applications must be limited to attics, crawl spaces, unfinished basements and similar generally unoccupied areas. In occupied indoor areas, treat wood trim and exposed beams by brush or coarse spray directed only onto the wood to be treated. Use this spray at a rate of 1 gallon of diluted spray per 1,000 square feet of surface area.
Application instructions for general pest control barrier treatment:
Mix 1.3 oz - 5 oz of Cyper into a gallon of water in a sprayer, then spray in a 3 ft. band around the base of structure. Next spray a 2-10 ft. band on the ground around the structure.
Residential lawns: Apply at the rate of 0.33 to 0.65 fl. oz. per 1,000 sq. ft. in a volume of water sufficient for uniform coverage such as 3 to 20 gallons. Use the lower rate to knock down pests and the higher rate where faster knockdown or greater residual is desired. Lawn should not be longer than 3 inches at the time of application.
Carpenter Bees: Use a 0.1% emulsion for control of carpenter bees. Liquid may be sprayed directly into gallery entrance holes. Following treatment, the entrance holes may be left open 24 hours to be certain that returning adult bees are killed. When there is no activity, the hole may be closed with wood putty.
For termite horizontal barriers: Apply the emulsion at the rate of 1 gallon per 10 square feet to fill dirt. If fill is washed gravel or other coarse material, apply the emulsion at the rate of 1-1/2 gallons per 10 square feet. If concrete slabs cannot be poured over soil the same day it has been treated, a waterproof cover, such as polyethylene sheeting, should be placed over the soil. This is not necessary if foundation walls have been installed around the treated soil.
* See above for termite vertical barriers. In crawl spaces, treatment should include both sides of foundation and around all piers and pipes.
- Inexpensive termite treatment
- Labeled for treatment of bark beetles and other wood-infesting pests
- Quick knockdown of fleas and ticks in residential lawns
- Can be used as perimeter treatment for many common insect pests
- Pet safe when used as directed
- Do not treat soil beneath structures that contain wells or cisterns.
- Do not use as a general crack and crevice, spot, or broadcast treatment indoors.
- Do not treat soil that is water-saturated or frozen. Do not treat while precipitation is occurring.
- Not for use in voids insulated with rigid foam.
- Keep children and pets out of treatment areas until surface is completely dry.
- Applications to some vinyl siding may cause staining.
- Not for use in Federally Inspected meat and poultry plants.
- Do not use concentrate or emulsion in fogging equipment.
- Do not apply to edible crops.
- Contains petroleum distillates.
- May have a slight odor after application.